Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 35 mal aufgerufen
 Christian Möllmann
sakura698 Offline

27.11.2019 03:43
d a quick introduction to a rivalry that has Antworten

HOUSTON -- Right-hander Scott Feldman signed a three-year deal Friday to become the veteran presence in the Houston Astros rotation. Discount Nike Air Max Wholesale . Feldman, who will turn 31 just before spring training begins, was 12-12 with a 3.86 ERA in 30 combined starts for the Chicago Cubs and Baltimore last season. The deal puts Feldman on a staff that includes four returning pitchers who made at least 10 starts last year and are 25 years or younger -- even after 23-year-old Jordan Lyles was traded by the Astros to Colorado earlier this week. "Everybody starts in this game young, you can really learn a lot just by watching anybody. ... I can learn from them and they can also learn from me," Feldman said. "Its just going to be great to have a group of guys that works wells and we can all get on the same page, help each other out and have a successful season." Houston is coming off a 111-loss season. The 6-foot-7 Feldman pitched in the AL West for Texas from 2005-12 before a one-year deal with the Cubs before last season. He was traded in July to the Orioles. He won 17 games for the Rangers in 2009 when he pitched a career-high 189 2-3 innings while making a career-high 31 starts. That was the only time he pitched more than his 181 2-3 combined innings last season. "Going into my free agency last year, I really just was looking for a place to go where I could just try to prove to everyone that I was capable of starting 30 games," Feldman said. "It was a big year for me. ... Just honestly, I felt like all I really needed was an opportunity, and Im glad I was able to make the most of it." Feldman, who was born in Hawaii, loved living in Texas before and his wife is from the Houston area. He was originally drafted by the Astros but didnt reach a deal then before going to college. The Rangers took him in the 30th round of the 2003 amateur draft. Feldman has made 234 career major league appearances, including 131 starts. He has a 51-56 record with a 4.62 ERA, and made nine relief appearance in the 2011 post-season when Texas went to the World Series. "We wanted an experienced starter to anchor our pitching staff," Astros general manager Jeff Luhnow said. "Scott is a great fit with our club. He throws strikes and gets ground balls, and will be a great example for the rest of our young rotation." Cheap Nike Air Max Outlet . -- Miami Dolphins defensive co-ordinator Kevin Coyle defended the management style of coach Joe Philbin in the wake of the teams bullying scandal. Cheap Air Max 270 . A night later, he was back to help lead a rout of the Detroit Pistons. John Wall had 20 points and 11 assists, and Beal scored 10 of his 15 points during the second quarter as Washington pulled away for a 106-82 victory on Saturday. https://www.wholesalenikeairmaxshoes.com/ . Lisicki beat South African Chanelle Scheepers by a 7-5, 7-6 (7-1) margin. Next up for the Wimbledon runner-up will be Slovenian Polona Hercog, who outlasted Czech Petra Cetkovska 6-4, 5-7, 6-1.FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- Josh Cribbs was in the Pro Bowl in February and out of a job six months later. A knee injury put his career in doubt as the NFL season started without him. Finally, the New York Jets called, offering Cribbs the chance he wasnt sure would ever come. "This is like a rebirth for me," Cribbs said after his first practice Wednesday. "Its a fresh start. As a rookie, I came in undrafted and I had to prove to everybody -- everybody in the NFL and everybody on my team -- that I could play on this team and do well and produce. I have to do that now again, just to show everybody, Dang, hes still got it. "And thats what I want, for people to be like, Oh, man, hes still here." The three-time Pro Bowl wide receiver-kick returner signed Tuesday with the Jets after sitting out since being cut by Oakland in late August. He wasnt completely healed from the off-season surgery to repair a torn meniscus in his left knee. "I took some time off to get healthy," he said. "Im healthy now, 110 per cent. Kind of 111 per cent." In eight seasons with the Cleveland Browns, Cribbs established himself as one of the leagues greatest return men. Hes tied with New Englands Leon Washington for the most kickoff-return touchdowns in NFL history with eight, and has also returned three punts for scores. Even with a bad knee last season, Cribbs made it to the Pro Bowl as a replacement for Baltimores Jacoby Jones. He even caught a touchdown pass from Matt Schaub in the NFLs all-star game. "I think with that name on the back, he stands there and youre going to be a little nervous because weve all been scorched by him in the past," Rex Ryan said. "Theres a knack for hitting those returns." If hes completely healthy, he could instantly improve a special teams unit that hasnt done much to help the offence with starting field position. And, he could be a versatile presence to help rookie quarterback Geno Smith. But there are some who doubt Cribbs is that type of playmaker anymore. "Hey, Ill use that, and Im trying to hear that," he said. "Ive heard a lot of good from fans, and I love that. But I want to hear the naysayeers because I use that for motivation. Wholesale Nike Air Max From China. Ive been working hard, especially after my workout here. The GM said, Be ready. Be ready. "Well, Im ready." Cribbs worked out for the Jets two weeks ago, and thought he was going to be signed in time to play against the Steelers. On Monday, his agent called him and simply said: "J-E-T-S!" "That was the call weve been waiting on," Cribbs said. Cribbs has averaged 25.9 yards on kickoff returns and 11 yards on punt returns. He has 107 career receptions for 1,161 yards and seven touchdowns, and has rushed for 753 yards and two scores, along with experience running the wildcat formation. The former Kent State quarterback is also 4 of 12 passing in his career. "I think I could be a little lightning in here, even on offence," Cribbs said. "I dont know how theyre going to use me yet ... but Im going to be in there. And teams are going to have to check into a safe like, He can throw, run and pass. Back up!" He also hopes to be a "second Geno," and teach him some new option-style plays that could come in handy. "However I can be used to help electrify this team," Cribbs said, "and add that oomph and be that it factor." For a Jets team trying to get into the playoff picture, they can use that starting Sunday against the AFC East-rival New England Patriots. Cribbs already received a quick introduction to a rivalry that has been decidedly one-sided in recent years. The Jets have lost their past five against the Patriots since a win in the playoffs in the 2010 season. "I saw it in his eyes in the team meeting," Cribbs said of Ryan. "He really wants this game. Its equivalent to a Cleveland-Pittsburgh game. He was like, Rest your legs and go home. Dont do anything for your wife. Say, Baby, next week. Im going to do it next week. Im going to take out the trash next week. Ill take the kids to practice next week. But Ive got to rest for this game. "Im going to tell him to put it on paper, so when I give it to my wife, I can be like, Hey, Rex said that I dont have to take out the trash. So he might get a call from my wife." ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Xobor Forum
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz