Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 34 mal aufgerufen
 Christian Möllmann
sakura698 Offline

05.12.2019 07:42
ame at Milwaukee, and missed another two games befor Antworten

PITTSBURGH -- The Pittsburgh Pirates came up with a second straight comeback win. Brian Anderson Jersey . "Youve got to believe, though. Can you have faith?" said Jordy Mercer, whose pinch-hit double in the seventh inning tied the score. The next inning Neil Walker hit a two-run double to cap the comeback from a five-run deficit as Pittsburgh beat the Toronto Blue Jays 8-6 on Saturday night. The Pirates erased a 5-3, ninth-inning deficit in a win over the Blue Jays on Friday and clawed back from deficits of 5-0 in the fourth a 6-2 in the seventh Saturday. Aaron Loup relieved R.A. Dickey after Clint Barmes leadoff double in the seventh, and the Pirates tied the score on Josh Harrisons RBI double, Pedro Alvarezs run-scoring groundout and Mercers two-run double. "It just blew up on us," Blue Jays manager John Gibbons said. "I cant tell you anything more than that." The game-tying hit was a longtime coming for Mercer, who entered the game with a .151 batting average and hadnt driven in a run since April 15. "I know everybody here has my back so I dont think its really a confidence issue," Mercer said. "I think getting a hit for the team was bigger than anything." One inning later, Ike Davis reached on a one-out infield single against Todd Redmond (0-3), Harrison singled and Walker hit a drive off the top of the wall in centre field. "Tonight was one of the nights we didnt play real great defence, we didnt pitch real well, but somehow we found a way to win in the end," Walker said. "It doesnt have to be pretty." The Pirates could have boosted their lead in the ninth, but Starling Marte lined out to first against Chad Jenkins with the bases loaded. Bryan Morris (3-0) pitched a perfect eighth, and Mark Melancon earned his first save of the season in place of injured closer Jason Grilli, retiring Colby Ramus on a game-ending groundout with two on. Pittsburgh, which overcame four errors, won consecutive games for the first time since beating St. Louis and the Chicago Cubs on April 6 and 8. Torontos Jose Bautista hit his ninth homer of the year, extended his hitting streak to a career-high 13 games. He set a Blue Jays record by reaching base in a 30th consecutive game. "I dont think that were going to start pointing fingers at anybody just because weve lost a couple games in a particular fashion," Bautista said. Dickey allowed three runs, five hits and four walks, lowering his ERA to 5.01. "Hes a quality pitcher, an All-Star, hes won 20 games in the big leagues and he was on tonight," Pirates manager Clint Hurdle said. "So as soon as hes out, its just better. Its no knock against anybody else, its just going to be different." Pirates starter Francisco Liriano gave up five runs -- four earned -- six hits and three walks in 3 2-3 innings, the second straight start he failed to reach the fourth. "I was trying to throw my sinker down and away and just missed my spots," Liriano said. Toronto built its early lead on Jose Reyes RBI double in the third and a four-run fourth that included Brett Lawries run-scoring double over Marte in left, Rasmus RBI single, Steve Tollesons run-scoring, double-play grounder and a bases-loaded walk to Melky Cabrera. Pittsburghs comeback began in the fourth when Dickey threw a run-scoring wild pitch, and Barmes hit an RBI groundout. "Were a little bit shell-shocked right now," Gibbons said. "But weve got to turn it around. Heck, its the start of May." NOTES: The Blue Jays removed RHP Sergio Santos from his role as interim closer after he blew three of his past four save opportunities. Gibbons said Toronto will use a closer-by-committee approach until Casey Janssen (oblique) returns from the DL. ... After optioning RHP Brandon Cumpton to the minor leagues Saturday, the Pirates have an open spot in their rotation Monday when they start a three-game set against San Francisco. LHP Wandy Rodriguez (right knee) could return from the DL. ... Toronto RHP Dustin McGowan (1-1, 5.87) is scheduled to pitch Sunday against Pittsburgh RHP Edinson Volquez (1-2, 3.21). Martin Prado Jersey . The CFL unveiled its 2014 schedule Wednesday and the Redblacks will play their first-ever regular-season game in Winnipeg against the Blue Bombers on July 3. Sandy Alcantara Jersey . - Considering where Jeff Gordon was after Richmond, left out of the Chase for the Sprint Cup championship in part due to some late-race shenanigans, he couldnt have been happier on Sunday. https://www.cheapmarlinsjerseys.us/1601r-jose-fernandez-jersey-marlins.html . Mesoraco hurt his hamstring while scoring from second in Friday nights 5-4 loss at Atlanta. Chapman was hit by a line drive during an exhibition game on March 19, breaking his nose and a bone above his left eye. The left-hander looked strong while throwing 43 pitches in batting practice before Saturday nights game against the Braves.TORONTO - Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau said Thursday its unfair to criticize guard Derrick Roses plan to manage his injury-ravaged body, promising that the former MVP is going to be special again as he returns from two serious knee surgeries.Hes navigating through coming back off of 2 1/2 years off, Thibodeau said before Rose and the Bulls faced the Toronto Raptors. Its a lot. I think everyone has to take a step back and be patient and let him go through this process. Hes going to be special again, just be patient.Rose, the 2011 NBA MVP, said Tuesday that his decision to sit out several games already this season is partially based on ensuring he has a healthy life ahead, explaining that he doesnt want to be sore when attending post-retirement meetings, or his young sons college graduation.Those comments led some to say that Roses focus ought to be on doing whatever is necessary to help the Bulls compete for an NBA title this season, rather than his long term future.Hes a lightning rod right now, Thibodeau said. The same people that were praising him in his MVP year are the ones that are criticizing him now and, when he starts playing great again, will be the same people praising him again. Tayron Guerrero Jersey. Rose was in the starting lineup against Toronto, just the second time this season hes played consecutive games.Hes healthy now, so hopefully he can string some games together, go out and play as hard as he can, Thibodeau said.Rose missed most of the past two seasons because of injuries to his knees, and was sidelined for two games after he sprained both ankles in a 114-108 overtime loss to Cleveland on Oct. 31. After a two-game absence, he aggravated the injuries in a Nov. 5 game at Milwaukee, and missed another two games before returning Monday against Detroit, scoring a season-high 24 points.Thibodeau said hes told Rose not to pay attention to either criticism or praise.The only person he really has to answer to is himself, he said.At shootaround Thursday, Rose said he was just being myself when he made the comments about his future, and said hes not bothered about the negative reaction.I could care less, Rose said. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Xobor Forum
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz