Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 40 mal aufgerufen
 Christian Möllmann
sakura698 Offline

16.12.2019 03:52
Nava singled and advanced on Stephen Drews s Antworten

The email dropped in my box a few weeks ago. Eddie Miles Jersey . Almost lost it in the endless stream of playoff-related info (Rangers Availability, 5:00pm, JW Marriot) and reminders from Shutterfly about my daughters upcoming soccer practices. This note was from a friend made a few years ago, in the worst possible way you can make a friend. Paul Frustaglio just wanted to let me know they were having a golf tournament on June 26th for his son Evan. "Drop by, if you can make it," he wrote. I couldnt. Would be in Philadelphia for the NHL Draft. So I sent along my regrets and said that Id at least try to get a prize sent over from TSN. "I should have remembered that was draft week," Paul wrote back. "Evan was a 96." Thats the first way every hockey parent describes his/her kid; by their abbreviated birth year. When someone asks,"What is your boy?" We know instantly what they mean. "Oh, hes a 98." There will be a slew of 96s who have their names called Friday night and Saturday in Philadelphia who will remember Evan Frustaglio. He was part of an elite group of Toronto area hockey players growing up. From minor atom on, he battled against top prospects like Sam Bennett, Robby Fabbri, and Josh Ho-Sang. He played on summer teams with Bennett, Sunny Milano and Connor McDavid, next years draft prodigy. When the Grade 8 team from Vaughns Hill Academy, a sport-focused private school north of Toronto, played its opening game in 2008, Evan scored the games first three goals. His linemate Michael Dal Colle, a likely top-five pick Friday, scored the next six. "Evan had sick hands," Dal Colle says, waiting for his luggage at the Philadelphia airport. "He wasnt big but his skill level was off the charts. Great player, great guy. So sad." Evan Frustaglio was 13 when he started to feel sick at a hockey tournament in London. His Mom, Ann-Marie brought him home after the Saturday games, thinking there was no point staying over if he wasnt likely to be better for Sunday. Dont want the flu to spread around a dressing room. And it looked like, felt like, had to be, the flu. Thats what the doctor at the walk-in clinic said Sunday. "Probably just a mild virus... give him lots of fluids." But his parents were worried, and Paul stayed up all night watching him. The next morning, Evan told his Mom he was feeling OK, so she went off to work. Paul took the day off to stay home with Evan, and catch up on sleep. He gave his son a bath, and noticed an odd rash, but couldnt reach his family doctor to ask about it. Evan went back to bed, and Paul left the room briefly. When he called Evans name just a few minutes later, there was no answer. Paul found him sprawled on the bathroom floor, limp. The rest, four years later, is still a painful blur. A panicked 9-1-1 call, the operator giving Paul instructions on how to do CPR, the medics arriving and trying to revive him. Too late. Evan died October 26, 2009, the same day they started giving H1N1 shots to the public. That virus, the one supposed to prey on the vulnerable, the elderly and the very young, had killed a strong, healthy teenage athlete. "It attacked his heart," Paul says. "He was... too healthy. From what they told me, the best laymans way to put it is that his heart literally beat itself to death." Evans death triggered H1N1 hysteria across Canada. Instantly, there were line-ups that queued for hours at immunization clinics. Three thousand came to Evans wake. Hockey people, mostly. Entire teams that played with and against him. Some who did neither. Hockey is like that. I met Paul there. He was remarkable, thanking me and everyone else over and over for coming. The ultimate Canadian, overly polite even when his world was crumbling around him. He proudly showed me the flowers Sidney Crosby had sent. Evan had touched people. You hold on to that to keep you going, I guessed. Doctors would thank Paul for doing interviews, for talking about Evan, for encouraging people to get immunized. That helped him a little too, he supposes. But soon the H1N1 story faded, and the Frustaglios were left to figure out how to continue their lives without their first-born. Theyre still working on it. Evans younger brother Will, a 99, was too young to grasp the loss of his best friend. Its only started to really hit him hard in the last year or two. But hes done remarkably well. He is a top student and athlete at The Hill, his brothers old school, working out everyday in the same gym as Dal Colle. Will got the size gene Evan didnt, and enters his junior draft year as a solid prospect. Any parent who has lost a child tells you the grieving never really ends. But after four years, Paul and Anne-Marie finally felt ready to celebrate Evans memory. So as you read this, The Hill Academy is holding the first Evan Frustaglio Memorial Golf Tournament at The Glen Eagle Golf Club near Bolton, Ontario. The school is naming its gym after Evan. Money raised from the tourney will be used to set up a scholarship, and the plan is to designate a different charity every year to support. Would Evan have been in Philly Friday? Would he have gotten the chance to walk up on that stage and put on some teams sweater and ballcap, while Paul and Anne-Marie and Will and aunts and uncles and friends cheered and cried a little in the stands? Useless hypothetical, I suppose. His size was starting to be an issue by the time he was a teenager, so the odds were probably against him. But with those hands, that skill, and a fearlessness to boot, who knows? A couple of growth spurts... and... maybe. No. Was right the first time. Useless hypothetical. Paul Frustaglio would prefer to celebrate the life his son had, instead of the one that might have been. And so Friday night, he will do what he does every year. "I will watch the draft for sure," he says. "Im sure it will be bittersweet and a little sad this time because it is Evans class. But these kids are great kids. Some of them I watched since they played minor novice in the North York Hockey League. Ill be incredibly happy for all of them." Click here for more information on the golf tournament. Lindsey Hunter Jersey . LOUIS -- Known for his game-managing and defensive skills, Yadier Molina made another statement with his bat. Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk Jersey . Colton Sissons also scored for Milwaukee (19-12-8), which went ahead with a two-goal third period. Wade MacLeod and Greg McKegg replied for Toronto (23-12-4). https://www.cheappistonsonline.com/566y-greg-monroe-jersey-pistons.html . Orlando is to begin play in the MLS for the 2015 season. Kaka, who currently plays with AC Milan, is expected to be loaned out to his home club Sao Paulo for the upcoming season before joining Orlando for next season. BOSTON -- Rubby De La Rosa is sure making things look easy in Fenway Park. Hes also making it a little harder for the Boston Red Sox to decide what to do when other pitchers are ready to come off the disabled list. De La Rosa matched his first career Fenway start with another seven impressive innings to outpitch Kevin Correia and A.J. Pierzynski had a sacrifice fly, lifting the Red Sox to a 1-0 win over the Minnesota Twins Monday night. "I know its been 14 shutout innings here at Fenway," Boston manager John Farrell said. "Whether he feels the energy here in this ballpark or is comfortable on our mound, thats clearly the case. When a guy possess that type of arm and that repertoire, as long as he throws strikes, hes going to have the ability to get some of the best hitters in the game." De La Rosa (2-2) gave up only a single in the third inning as he combined with three relievers on a three-hitter. He walked three and fanned three. In his other Fenway start, on May 31, De La Rosa also pitched seven shutout innings, holding Tampa Bay to four hits. He had given up four runs over 5 2-3 innings in each of his last two starts -- both on the road. The 25-year old right-hander, acquired in Bostons salary dump deal that sent Adrian Gonzalez, Josh Beckett and Carl Crawford to the Los Angeles Dodgers in August of 2012, is taking injured starter Clay Buchholzs spot in the rotation. Mike Napoli helped cut down a runner trying to score with a heads up play in a Red Sox victory that came after a pair of one-run losses. Boston is 9-15 in one-run games. It was Bostons first 1-0 win at home since May 18, 2011, over the Detroit Tigers. "I feel comfortable. I feel at home," De La Rosa said. "The field has helped me a little bit, the mound too" Both Buchholz and left-hander Felix Doubront are currently on the road back, making rehab starts. De La Rosa isnt worrying about what choice the club will need to make. "I dont want to think about that," he said, smiling. Andrew Miller struck out the only batter he faced, Burke Badenhop got two outs and Koji Uehara three outs to remain perfect in 15 save chances. He extended his streak to 31 straight saves over the past two regular seasons. "He was goodd. Pistons Jerseys 2021. The guy throws mid 90s and has a changeup like that, a breaking ball every once and a while, but changeups, 3-2 changeups," Twins manager Ron Gardenhire said about De La Rosa. "He was pretty good. He was tough. Our guy was tough, too, threw the ball very well. We had opportunities -- I think we made one baserunning mistake that you never know what might happen after that." Correia (3-8) gave up five hits, walking one and striking out two in six innings. The right-hander pitched six shutout innings in his last start, earning the win at Toronto. "That guy was tough," Correia said. "We had an opportunity early but after that he was real tough. I put us in a situation where we were in the game and thats all I can really do." The Twins have lost three straight. Badenhop loaded the bases, but struck out Brian Dozier to end the eighth. The Red Sox moved ahead 1-0 in the fifth on Pierzynskis sacrifice fly after Daniel Nava singled and advanced on Stephen Drews single. Bostons Dustin Pedroia had a single and has reached safely in all 29 career starts against the Twins. Heads up defence by Napoli kept the Twins from scoring in the third. San Fuld drew a leadoff walk and stole second. Danny Santana then singled to centre. Napoli cut off the throw home, with Fuld holding at third, and caught Santana in a rundown. But, just he ran toward Santana, Napoli turned and fired home, catching Fuld in a rundown where he was eventually tagged out. NOTES: Buchholz, on the 15-day DL with a hyperextended right knee, is scheduled to make his second rehab start for Triple-A Pawtucket on Thursday. ... Red Sox 3B Will Middlebrooks, on the DL and recovering from a fractured right index finger, and OF Shane Victorino, on the DL for the second time this season with a strained right hamstring, are both also on rehab assignments with Pawtucket. Farrell said before the game that he hopes to get Victorino back on the upcoming West Coast trip, which begins Thursday in Oakland. ... Minnesota INF Eduardo Nunez missed his second straight with a sore hamstring. ... Kendrys Morales went 0 for 4 after hitting safely in his first six games since signing with the Twins on June 8. ... Badenhop has pitched 15 2-3 consecutive scoreless innings. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Xobor Forum
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz