Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 38 mal aufgerufen
 Christian Möllmann
sakura698 Offline

20.12.2019 04:27
anvezzo will probably be on the players Antworten

While the Montreal Canadiens made an incredible run to the Eastern Conference Final in his second season as general manager, Marc Bergevin isnt ready to label his team as contenders just yet. Packers Jerseys 2021 . Bergevin held court with the media in his end-of-season news conference on Monday, saying theres still plenty to do to make the Habs a championship-calibre club. "I thought our young players learned a lot," he said. "What they learned over the last 17 playoff games is something you cant buy. Were a good team with a young core, but were not a mature team yet. Im happy with our season, but theres still work to do. "Next year, we go back to the same starting line with everybody else. Our first goal will be to make the playoffs and, once youre in, anythings possible. Maybe one day down the road well be a mature team but were not there yet." The No. 1 question posed to Bergevin was the contract status of star defenceman P.K. Subban, who becomes a restricted free agent with arbitration rights on July 1. Subban, who signed a two-year bridge contract after the 2012-13 lockout, captured the Norris Trophy as the NHLs top blueliner last year, was named to the Canadian mens Olympic team that won gold in Sochi in February and was among their top players in the postseason. While many speculate that Subban could pull in an eight-year contract worth $8 million to $9 million a season, Bergevin wasnt showing his hand on anything regarding negotiations. "Contract talks are strategic," he explained, reminding reporters that his policy is to never divulge contract updates in public. "I cant give you a timeline on when itll get done." Bergevin, did however, mention he would like to retain pending UFA Brian Gionta, whos been captain for the last four seasons. "Well see what we can do to bring him back," he said, adding that others have stepped up as leaders as well. "(Josh) Gorges is a really good leader. Carey, P.K., and Patch are taking that role. We have a lot of young leaders who will help moving forward. A guy like Plekanec might not be a player who talks a lot, but by his play and the way he competes, hes a leader." Bergevin also said that head coach Michel Therrien, who has a year left on his contract, will be back - likely with an extension. Therrien raised plenty of eyebrows using third-string goalie Dustin Tokarski over backup Peter Budaj in the conference final after starting netminder Carey Price was injured. There will be plenty of speculation about what the team may do with both goaltenders this summer. "I know him personally," Bergevin said of Budaj. "Hes a great man, loved by his teammates. And through this whole thing he was very positive. Michel had a hunch to put (Tokarski) in for the second game and he gave us a chance to win. Internally well discuss it, but its a nice problem to have." The Canadiens GM was also satisfied this season with the development of young blueliners Nathan Beaulieu, Jarred Tinordi and Greg Pateryn, the first two playing short stints with the NHL club. "I think the day they become everyday players with the Canadiens will be sooner rather than later," he said. "Do I want them to play in NHL next season - yes. "I want some internal competition at camp (next season)." Bergevin also defended the much-criticized handling of the concussion suffered by forward Dale Weise in Game 5 of the conference final. Weise was wobbly and went to the dressing room after a blindside hit by New Yorks John Moore, but returned later in the game. Weise did not play in Game 6 due to what Therrien would only call a "body injury." It appeared the team let Weise back out on the ice even if it looked obvious he had his brain rattled by the hit. Bergevin said the team didnt find out until the next day that Weise had a concussion and was satisfied that he was properly examined according to the league rules before being allowed to return. "The NHL has a protocol that needs to be followed," he said. "If the player says hes OK and the test says hes OK, then hes OK. Players have a list of things they need to do before they can return to play and he passed with flying colours. "Its flawed, but Im not a doctor. We all worry about our players, but we can only go by what were given." - with CP files Green Bay Packers Gear . Winning more at home probably should be on the list. The Flames look to avoid a fifth defeat in six home games by winning a sixth straight meeting with the Edmonton Oilers on Saturday night. Green Bay Packers Store . Sterling was banned for life and fined US$2.5 million by the NBA on Tuesday for racist comments the league says he made in a recorded conversation. Nash, who plays for the rival L.A. Lakers, spoke as a representative of current NBA players at a press conference assembled by Sacramento mayor and National Basketball Players Association adviser Kevin Johnson. https://www.packersjerseysale.com/ . Patrick Kane and the Chicago Blackhawks were proof of that on Wednesday night.VANCOUVER -- Despite having their post-season hopes dashed last weekend, the Vancouver Whitecaps 2013 season finale still holds some intrigue. Sundays game against the Colorado Rapids at B.C. Place Stadium has important implications in determining Major League Soccers playoff picture and will also mark the final game in the career of veteran South Korean defender Young-Pyo Lee. Oh, and star forward Camilo Sanvezzo is still in the running for the Golden Boot as the leagues top scorer. "We want to make sure we win. I think our fans are coming out expecting that," said Whitecaps head coach Martin Rennie after Wednesdays training session. "I think other teams in our conference are expecting that because there is some significance to the game." The Rapids ended Vancouvers playoff hopes on Saturday with a 3-2 victory, thanks to two goals from Gabriel Torres. The defeat marked a disappointing end to a season that saw the Whitecaps record more wins and earn more points than the 2012 edition that qualified for the playoffs. "Ultimately we go out there and we play, because thats what we do," said Vancouver captain Jay DeMerit, who is without a contract for next season. "Weve got to make sure we go out there and we give it our best shot, because anything less would be disappointing." The loss in Commerce City, Colo., also signalled that Sunday will be the final time Lee walks out onto a field as a professional. The veteran of three World Cups for South Korea joined the Whitecaps in 2011 after stints in Asia and Europe and was named the clubs player of the year last season. "It will be the most memorable game of my life," said Lee, 36, who is set to join Vancouvers front office. "I feel sad, and then I feel happy. "I never thought I could retire in this situation," he added. "So many players get (told to) retire by someone, but I chose all myself when to retire." DeMerit said Lee will leave a lasting impression. "Youre never too old for work ethic," he said. "His consisteent performance for us for his whole time here has been nothing short of impressive. Packers Jerseys 2020. You always know what youre going to get from him." Sanvezzo, who was named the Whitecaps player of the year at a ceremony on Wednesday morning, has 19 MLS goals so far in 2013, just one behind both Mike Magee of the Chicago Fire and the Montreal Impacts Marco Di Vaio. The Brazilian-born Sanvezzo has downplayed his goal scoring this season and instead focused on the team results, but with Vancouver now out of the playoffs, will his teammates be trying to set him up even more than usual? "I hope so," he said with a laugh. "It would mean a lot. (When) youre a striker you always want to be the top scorer." Rennie said that he wants to focus on winning Sundays game, but added that finding Sanvezzo will probably be on the players minds. "Hes probably our most natural finisher. Hes always a goal threat. Hes scored a lot of goals at B.C. Place so it would be great if he could get on the scoresheet more than once," said Rennie. "It would be fantastic if he could end up being the top goal scorer MLS. That would be another massive milestone for the club." Meanwhile, Whitecaps general manager Bob Lenarduzzi said this week that Rennies future will be decided soon. The Scotsman, who has been with the club since 2011, said he has helped the club make significant progress in his two years, including last seasons playoff berth. "When I came here this team was the worst team in MLS, it was in disarray and it was almost irrelevant in Vancouver," said Rennie. "Now its a very relevant team and its poised to be a great team." Notes: Colorado can finish anywhere from first place to fifth place in the Western Conference, depending on Sundays game and the other results across the league. ... Sanvezzo was also named Vancouvers top overall goal scorer in 2013 on Wednesday. Carlyle Mitchell was named as the teams unsung hero, while fellow defender Jordan Harvey took home humanitarian of the year honours. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Xobor Forum
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz