Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 34 mal aufgerufen
 Christian Möllmann
sakura698 Offline

27.12.2019 04:46
ver for the Nuggets. He hit a 3-pointer Antworten

VANCOUVER -- Toronto FC head coach Ryan Nelsen was surprised to see star striker Jermain Defoe left off Englands 23-man World Cup squad, but he knows that snub could pay dividends in the long run for their Major League Soccer outfit. Bryon Russell Jersey . Defoe failed to make England manager Roy Hodgsons team announced Monday, instead being named to a seven-man standby list that will only be used in the event of injuries in the leadup to the tournament in Brazil. The 31-year-old Defoe is healthy, scoring goals in MLS and could well take out his frustration at being left out by Hodgson on opponents in North America. "You never like to take benefit from other peoples agony, if you know what I mean," Nelsen said Tuesday. "If Jermain stays with us, hes probably going to be motivated to prove a lot of people wrong, which I suppose is nice for us." That could come as early as Wednesday night when Toronto FC visits the Vancouver Whitecaps in the second leg of the Amway Canadian Championship semifinal. Toronto holds a 2-1 lead after a victory at home in the first leg last week. Even though its a boost for his team, Nelsen also couldnt hide his disappointment. "Obviously devastated for Jermain. Its surprising," he said. "I dont know how Roy Hodgson picks his team. Its a surprising decision -- gutted for the man. I know Ive played against all those guys and I know with 10, 15 minutes to go in a World Cup, I know who Id want with the ball at his feet in front of the net." Defoe said he was stunned not to be heading to Brazil after figuring into all but two of Hodgsons matchday squads prior to this announcement. "I was shocked, like you can imagine," Defoe said after training at B.C. Place Stadium. "Especially when youve been involved in every squad, and then for some reason youre not included. But (I) always remain positive and just continue doing what Im doing. Ive come over here and done exactly what I used to do at home and thats play well and score goals." A veteran of the 2010 World Cup who has scored 19 times in 55 games for his country, Defoe added that he didnt think his move from the English Premier League to MLS had anything to do with Hodgsons decision. "Ive been here two months. Does it really change much? I dont think so," he said. "I mentioned before the squad was announced that the manager, he knows most of the players, even before he was manager. He knows the players. I think the fact of me being here two months, that shouldnt play a factor at all." England is bringing four strikers to the World Cup, including Wayne Rooney, Daniel Sturridge, Danny Welbeck and Rickie Lambert. Defoe said that despite this disappointment, he will remain available for England selection. "Im not going to retire (from the national team) just because someone doesnt put me in a squad," he said. "I would never do that. I would never turn my back on my country because I still feel like Ive got a lot to offer. The games Ive played and just being involved with England over the years, its been great. "I think my record speaks for itself and Ill just try and continue to work hard and enjoy my football." Defoe will remain with Toronto FC and only join up with England if called upon. He added that Hodgson told him: "He wants to go with the young kids. Thats it." Toronto midfielder Michael Bradley, who was named to the U.S. 30-man provisional roster and will leave to meet up with the American camp after Wednesdays game in Vancouver, said he was disappointed for his club teammate. "He and I have developed a really good relationship since weve come (to Toronto), both on the field and off the field," said Bradley, who along with Defoe, joined Toronto FC in a big-money off-season deal. "Ive seen first-hand what a great player he is, what a great person he is and I know how much it meant to him, so on a personal level I know were all really disappointed for him. "Hes taken it exactly how youd expect -- committed and ready to keep going, keep fighting, keep scoring goals here and do as much as he can to help us win in Toronto." With about a month to go before the World Cup, Defoe said he will continue to work hard in MLS and see what happens. "Its still a long way to go. You never know what happens, people get injured, but at the same time if it doesnt happen, then it doesnt happen," he said. "I wish the team good luck, all the young players that are in the squad, I wish them good luck because Ive had that experience, been at a World Cup, and its the best feeling ever. Its special." 20:21ET 13-05-14 Nigel Williams-Goss Jersey . The two teams will play through the completion of the game starting at 5pm ct on Wednesday. The regularly scheduled Wednesday night matchup will follow that and will now be seven innings. Custom Utah Jazz Jerseys . Simon (10-3) allowed three runs on five hits and three walks in 6 1-3 innings to break a tie with the Dodgers Zack Greinke and Cardinals Adam Wainwright for the NL lead in victories. Simon went to spring training as a relief pitcher and moved into the starting rotation when Mat Latos was recovering from elbow and knee surgeries. https://www.cheapjazzonline.com/608e-greg-ostertag-jersey-jazz.html . Tensions rose in the first period when Penguins defenceman Brooks Orpik hit Bruins forward Loui Eriksson with what appeared to be a clean hit.DENVER - Ty Lawson picked apart the Washington Wizards most of the night. With the game on the line, the Denver guard came up short.Lawson scored 31 point and dished out 12 assists in his return to the Nuggets lineup but missed a tying jumper in the waning seconds of overtime in a 117-115 loss to the Washington Wizards on Sunday.I think he thought the time was running out and he shot a fadeaway, Washingtons John Wall said. I was like, Thank you. I thought it was still going to go in because he was making just about everything he put up tonight.Wall scored six of his 19 points in overtime and had 16 assists and Kris Humphries had a season-high 21 points and 14 rebounds to help Washington stop a two-game skid.Lawson was back after missing Fridays game after being arrested on suspicion of driving while impaired early Friday morning. Lawson returned to practice Saturday and was happy to be playing.Just to have fun, get around my brothers and take my mind off things, he said.The Wizards, who got in early Sunday morning after a loss in Portland, had more jump in overtime. They scored the first six points and appeared to have the game locked up when Wall hit two free throws to give Washington a 117-112 lead with 10.2 seconds left.Wilson Chandler, who finished with 20 points and nine rebounds, hit a 3-pointer to cut it to two. Lawson stole Paul Pierces inbound pass but missed a short jumper with 1.1 seconds left.The steal surprised me so when I got it I didnt know what to do, Lawson said. I thought I had one second so I rushed it a little bit.No one was happier than Pierce, who was nearly the goat despite scoring 19 points.I tried to get it in quick, he stole the pass and thats it, Pierce said. Thank you, thank you Ty Lawson.It was the second blown chance to win it ffor the Nuggets. Jeff Hornacek Jersey. The game was tied at 105 when Lawson stripped Wall of the ball with 4.9 seconds left. Kenneth Faried was fouled by Bradley Beal with 1.4 seconds left but missed both free throws and the game went into overtime.The play of the game was Brad trying to take a charge and they called a block, Wall said. (Faried) missed two free throws and we had an opportunity to go to overtime.The Nuggets have lost six straight for the second time this season.Ty Lawson played an incredible game and it would be fitting if he would have made that shot, Arron Afflalo said. It was a great overall game by Ty, we just came up short.Three straight buckets Kevin Seraphin to start the fourth gave the Wizards an 89-87 lead. After two free throws tied it, Bradley Beal converted a three-point play and Andre Miller hit a jumper as the shot clock expired to make it 94-89 with 7:27 left.Lawson took over for the Nuggets. He hit a 3-pointer an two jumpers to give Denver a 101-99 lead late in the fourth.Humphries tip-in tied it but Darrell Arthur made a 19-footer to put Denver back ahead.TIP-INSWizards: Have five players averaging double figures in scoring, led by Walls 17.2 per game. ... Washington is 24-1 overall and 8-0 on the road when holding opponents to less than 100 points. ... Nene is shooting .660 over his last five games.Nuggets: G Erick Green was recalled from Fort Wayne of the NBA D-League. Green was sent down to the Mad Ants on Tuesday. ... Nuggets C JaVale McGee was back in street clothes after suiting up but not playing Friday. He has missed 24 games with a lower left leg strain. ... G Arron Afflalo is second in franchise history in 3-point shooting percentage.UP NEXTWizards: At L.A. Lakers on Tuesday.Nuggets: At L.A. Clippers on Monday. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Xobor Forum
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz